Monday 5 October 2009

Back Again.

With summer fading rapidly in my memory we are back to start our 2nd year Visual Communications. So new year and I have decided to start a new blog(but please, don't forget to check out the old one at www.olliebartlett.blogspot.com)

Summer for me was filled with activity, managed to get away to France for a few weeks to sample the delights in Hossegor and spent the rest of my time working my ass off! But boy was it worth it.

Beginning of June we, meaning me and my girlfriend, decided to start a company. I would use what I had learnt in the past 4 years as a designer and she would massage my feet and feed me cheese as I worked. I spent the next month or so starting a brand. CreativeMedicine. The thought behind it is that we are creating design to make you feel better , in a somewhat dull environment a little injection of creativity can really transform things.
I won't go into the whole story because I am quite tired, but it is going well, we focused our energy on designing and printing clothing as a way to get the name out there, good quality clothing, sick designs and industry standard printing. We sold enough over the summer months to look into expanding with possibly a small studio in Jersey. We have been in talks with surf & street wear shops and are soon to be supplying to some small retail outlets.
Along side this I have had some other work doing illustrations for a zoo and branding work for a variety of companies. Our most recent venture is SurfWax, we are having samples made of various waxes to test then we are going to package them using recycled newspaper and stamp them with vegetable dye ink with the website.

So all in all a pretty productive summer. I am excited about some fresh briefs to see what this year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment